What is Debit Card and Credit Card?
Every person today wishes that he must have a credit card. If you do not know what is debit card and credit card then it does not matter because in today’s post we are going to get information about this and are going to discuss here that debit card What is the difference between a card and a credit card?
The most important thing to make online payment is to have a bank account, that is why bank accounts of those who do not have a bank account are being opened all over the country. And instead of cash transactions, emphasis is being laid on online transfer. Now you must have understood that if you do not have a bank account then you cannot make online payment.
Whatever payment we make online, that money is paid from our bank account. When we open a new account, we are given an ATM card which is made of plastic and which we use to withdraw money from the ATM machine. We also know this ATM card by the name of Debit card.
You must have gone shopping or to fill oil in the petrol pump, at that time you must have paid by swiping your debit card in the swiping machine. Apart from this, its most common use is used to withdraw cash from ATM.
Apart from Debit Card, there is also a card which we know by the name of Credit Card. We also use it like a Debit card, but then what was the need to make both of them separately. There must be some difference between these two.
So the answer is…. Yes. Both are very different from each other. We will also know this further in this post. But before that let us know what is debit card and what is credit card and how is it made? and what is the difference between these two?
What is Debit Card?
A debit card, which we also call ATM card, bank card, plastic card or check card, is such a plastic card that can be used to give money anywhere but we do not use cash in it, but we do online transactions. .
The payment money made through this is deducted directly from our bank account. It is like a prepaid sim card in a way that we can talk as long as the balance is there, in the same way as long as there is money in the bank account, then only we will be able to pay from it.
When we open a new account in the bank, then some facilities are given to us separately like internet banking, mobile banking and ATM card. We also call the ATM card given by the bank as Debit card.
Today, whoever has a bank account, he must have an ATM made, why no one wants to stand in long lines in the bank to withdraw money now. Initially people were afraid to use it but now almost everyone has started using it whether it is city or village. By using this, we can withdraw cash by going to ATM of any bank.
Advantages of Debit Card
India’s population is huge and has started using debit cards very fast. The reason for this is everyone.
It has made our life very easy which was not there before. Now sitting at home with one card, we can buy almost everything we need. Let us know what are its other benefits.
Using a debit card is not only beneficial for us, but the security is also very good if we compare it with cash and cheques.
2. Wealth Management and Control
You will also agree with me that if money is to be believed, then wings are attached, as soon as the money comes in the pocket, it is also spent.
Debit card gives us the facility that we can see and check the complete record of our money transactions as well as keep a close eye on everything where it was spent. You can also control the money you are spending.
Working with a debit card is very fast. Whether you withdraw money by going to an ATM or make any purchases inside the shopping mall and pay the money from the swap machine, this process pays the bill immediately. It does not take any time, rather this whole process gets done in few seconds.
With the help of this, we can also apply the option of Autopay, so that the money is automatically deducted on a particular date. This comes in handy when we have to pay somewhere every month and we are afraid of forgetting.
Nowadays all banks also give the benefit of rewards in their debit cards to their customers. Some people do online transactions with debit cards very often and regularly. Banks give some points on the basis of more transactions, from which we get some money.
5. Acceptance of Debit Card
Some people want to know whether they can use it everywhere? So you should know that almost everywhere you can do shopping or payment using debit card.
Nowadays, with the help of this in Flipkart, you can buy anything by order in the installation.
Types of Debit card
- Maestro Card
- Visa Electron Card
- Master Card
What is Credit Card?
A credit card is a payment card that is used in the same way as a debit card. But for this no bank account is required, rather it is directly linked to the bank.
The payment we make with this is in a way that we take a loan from the bank, for which we have to pay some charges as well. This is exactly like taking a loan from the bank, in which understand that we promise to the bank issuing the card that we will repay the money.
In a way, it is exactly like a postpaid SIM card, in which we make all the calls we have to make throughout the month and pay the bill later.
In the same way, in this also we can spend the amount up to its limit in shopping or making payment and then we have to pay the total amount with extra charge.
Never withdraw cash from ATM using this card because withdrawing money in this way becomes very expensive. The reason for this is that the credit card gives money only in the form of loan and its interest is very high whenever we withdraw cash from ATM using this card.
When the credit is created, the bank gives it to us by setting a limit at that time. It depends on the bank how much limit it gives you. It starts from Rs 20,000 to 25,0000. can happen till. This bank decides on the basis of your business profile and the salary you get. This is because the bank knows how much money you can spend and pay it back.
Whenever you do some shopping with a credit card, the bank gives you a date in it that by this date you have to pay the Minimum Amount. With this you will not have to pay extra charge and you will not have to pay the entire money at once. If you are not able to repay the money by that due date, then you have to pay more money in terms of fine. In the middle class family, credit card is not used in general for this reason.
Advantages of Credit Card
- The biggest advantage of having a credit card is that even when you do not have any money in your pocket or bank account, you can shop according to the limit.
- If you want to buy mobile, computer or any other item and cannot pay at once, then you can buy any product in EMI from Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal.
- Wherever you are going and there is no cash in the wallet, you can still use a credit card.
- By using it, you keep getting coupon codes and many types of discount offers from the bank.
- You also get rewards for the transactions done in this.
- With this, you can easily do cashless transactions anywhere.
How is Credit Created?
I am telling on the basis of my experience that nowadays making a credit card is not a big deal. If you do a job and your salary is less than 15000 Rs. If you meet in hand then you will get this card.
Apart from this, if you already have an account in a bank, then after a few months of transaction, the bank offers you to make a credit card on its own.
In this mainly Axis Bank, HDFC Bank are very helpful.
Banks mainly ask for some documents to make a credit card, which I have mentioned below.
- Salary slip of last 2 months or transaction of last 6 months.
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
Those who do business themselves, the bank offers them to make a credit card because they know that a businessman has to do a lot of transactions.
All you have to do is to always maintain a good balance in your account and do frequent transactions even if the transaction is of small amount.
How many types of credit cards are there?
If you do a job, then any bank gives you a credit card. And all banks also have the facility of giving different types of cards. Extra facility is also given in some cards but they have to be charged in the year.
- Visa Card
- American Express
- Master Cards
- Chase cards
- Discover Card
- Capital One cards
What is the difference between debit card and credit card?
Before this, we have known separately what is debit card and credit card, so you must have understood a little bit that what is the difference between the two. Here we will talk about some more facts, which will remove all your confusion.
- To make a debit card, it is necessary to have a savings account in the bank, without this debit card cannot be issued. But to make a credit card, no bank account is required.
- Debit is like a prepaid mobile number, you will be able to withdraw as much as you have your own money in your account, if the balance in the account is 0, then you cannot withdraw money from the debit card. Whereas the credit card must be understood that the postpaid mobile number is the same. You borrow money from the bank in this, but it also has a limit set, you can take that amount on loan from the bank. And then the money has to be deposited back before the given date, that too with extra charge. There is also an advantage in this that if you repay the entire loan amount before the completion of one month, then no extra charge is levied.
- With credit card, we can withdraw money from ATM but do not use it to withdraw money from ATM because charges are deducted very much in it.
- When the balance in the bank account is 0, we cannot make any payment from the debit card or withdraw money from the ATM, but we can borrow money from the credit card and use it anytime, even if our account is zero at that time or there is no money in hand.
- Getting a debit card is very easy. Because it is available for free in opening a bank account. But getting a credit card is a bit difficult and it has to be applied separately.
- We do not have to pay any bill in debit card, but in credit card we have to pay the money spent every month. And if you do not pay on time, you may have to pay a very heavy fine. For this, we can use the facility of auto withdrawal by linking the credit card to our debit card account, due to which automatic money is deducted every month on a fixed date. With this, even if you ever forget, you can avoid deducting extra charges.
I hope you have liked this post today and your information must have been complete, apart from this you must have also known what is the difference between debit card and credit card.
I also told how a credit card is made and what are the conditions for it and what documents are required. Along with this, you have learned here What is Debit card and Credit Card?