All businesses are clear that having a website is of vital importance . This has become one of the most important cover letters they have to make themselves known and introduce themselves to their potential clients. Still, many startups or small businesses cannot always afford a large investment in their development. In these situations, Google Sites can be a good option to make a professional website easily and without the need to hire an expert in web development.
Do you want to use Google Sites ? We explain how to create your website below!
What do I need to use Google Sites?
Google Sites is a Google application used to create web pages. This is included in G Suite , so the first thing you will need is to have a G Suite user account. Remember that Google Sites is included in all types of G Suite account. This means that you can access it with the most essential account of all, G Suite Basic . Apart from this, you will only need 10 minutes of your time to create it.
Create your website in 3 steps
1. Create your website
The first step you have to take is to create your website. To do this, go to Google Sites and follow the following steps:
- Click on “Create a website” or .
- Enter the name of your website under “Website Document Name”, “Website Name” and “Page Title”.
2. Customize your website
Once you have it created, Google Sites will give you multiple customization options.
On the one hand, you can select its design:
- Click on “Designs” and add the designs you like the most by dragging them onto the template.
- Change the background image by clicking “Change image” . You can upload it from your computer or from your Drive folder.
- Modify your heading in “Heading type”. Here you can choose if you want a cover, large header, headline, or just a title.
- Change the theme and style of the font in “Themes”, selecting the one you prefer and its color. In “Font style” select a style.
3. Add, rearrange and nest pages
Another important aspect to take into account is the organization of your pages.
In the case that you want to add pages you will have to:
- Click Pages> Create.
- Add page> done.
- Add URL by clicking “Add link” on the anchor icon.
If you want to rearrange them you can:
- Click on “Pages”.
- Change their order by dragging them up or down.
- Nest the page by dragging it on top of another.
3. Configure website navigation
As usual, websites have more than one page. That is why it is important to have a navigation menu that allows you to move through them. To configure it you must:
- Place the cursor over the name of the website and click “Navigation settings”.
- Select a navigation mode.
- Click on “Menu” to see it.
As you have seen, creating your web page with Google Sites is very simple and fast. And, if you need additional information, do not hesitate to contact us in comment section !